Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Life Happens

            It's been a while since I just talked about my life.  I can talk about abstractions all day long! Then I talk about myself in big blocks and not again.  HA HA I'm a sucker.
            I've had an awesome summer.  I thought about doing color guard for one more season, but I'm sort of glad I didn't.  It's been my first summer to actually relax!  It's been a smooth transition with the new captains.  They've been doing really well, and it's nice to see them taking charge and making friends.  I'm really hoping that everyone will continue to work hard.  I would love to see Copper Hills placing on our own merit!  First place this winter just made me hungry for Copper Hills to earn itself a permanent place.  Hopefully I'll make it to some competitions—I've always loved them!
           I've been hanging out with some friends, as one should!  Paint war, movies, pizza party, stargazing, random talks, late-night walks.  I even got to be in a Brogan Kelby music video with Olivia and Aaron on accident... I just wanted to hang with my friends, but hey, it works!  (Sidenote: Aaron's sister Eva is the cutest little kid ever.)  Thursday my old group of friends is getting together to watch Rocky Horror Picture Show, and I'm excited!  It will be just like old times.  Minus kissing any screens containing Rocky.  That was a little weird of our young selves...
            And then I've been hanging out with a more-than-friends friend... He's really cool, and I like him a lot.  :)  My middle school self would be shocked, which just makes me super happy that I grew up out of middle school!  He's awesome, and being with him is always a highlight of my month or week or day.  I don't know what I ever did to get here, but I'm happy with how things have turned out.
            And then besides all of that, I've just been hanging out with myself.  Like introverts do. :)  I'm reading Divergent by Veronica Roth, which is fantastic.  Writing a bit of poetry.  I'm teaching myself how to belly dance, which is fun!  I like saying I can do something a little weird.  It can be my party trick or something!  Midnight dancing on the patio.  Going for walks.  Petting cats, like a crazy cat lady.
            Alex's friend Amira just moved and we actually adopted their cat, Baby Girl.  She's an adorable little gray kitty!  Makes me kind of sad because I realize how old my cats are; Oreo is about 13 and Tina is about 12.  We've had them since we were little kids, and I just really wish cats could live as long as humans.  I don't ever want to lose them.  But they're here now, and I love my cutie kitties dearly!
            So even though the summer hasn't been free of pain and drama, it's made me grateful.  I have friends who will ask me what's up if I'm having a bad day.  Friends who will give hugs just because we need them.  Family who will help me when I run out of options and panic.  And I hope that I help my friends out too.  I realize I've told people that I love them a lot lately, but it's because I really love them.  I may be a quiet person, but I really feel strongly for people.  I care a lot about my friends, about you guys.  I want you to be happy.  I want you to feel comfortable and content in your life.
            If there's ever anything I can do to help make your days better, let me know, legitimately.  I might not always know what to say, but I like to listen.  I hear I give good hugs.  I feel the happiest when the people close to me are the happiest, and I'd always like to help.  I legitimately love you guys.  I just think it's important for you to know. 
            So overall, I've been good.  I'm happy with my life, even though I'm still a little nervous for the future.  My happiness outweighs any negativity, and I hope to work through the negative too.  :)  Just remembering to "treat others as you would like to be treated" is making me feel better about life.  Empathy is important but too easily forgotten.  Everyone has their own troubles and happiness, and we need to actively recognize every person as a person.  Simply remembering everyone is alive can be strangely shocking, but that's how you remember the worth and dignity of each person. 
            "Don't forget to be awesome" still applies!  I hope you all remember to be awesome too!  Whether in happiness or in sadness, don't forget to be awesome to others and to yourself.  Your feelings and needs are just as important as anyone else's. Do what will make the most awesomeness!  Do what is important.  Do what you want to do with your life!  Something good can work, and it can work for you!  You deserve a good life.  You really do.  :)  Love your faces!

Don't forget to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment