Monday, June 03, 2013

YO, SUMMAH

            Every single year, without fail, I have the thought, "I am going to do something with this summer!"  And what happens?  "Nothing much."  So I'm making a freaking goal-list of things I need/want to do this summer because there is seriously no other way to make me get things done without threatening some impending doom on humanity.
  • Register for U of U orientation
    • Go through the big pile of stuff and find acceptance letter with little code thingy...
      • Rip up and recycle so many papers
    • Freaking pick a day and register
  • Do summer homework
    • Acquire books
    • Read and "reflect" on books
      • What the Best College Students Do by Ken Bain
      • The Other Wes Moore by Wes Moore
      • The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
    • Take notes!
    • Go through all 12 lectures of "Justice" by Michael Sandel
  • Apply for jobs
    • Make a resume
      • Have SherriAnn, Thom, parents, Ian look over it
    • Apply widely, especially for on-campus jobs
    • Don't freak out if I get an interview! DFTBA
  •  Hang out with friends (this is seriously so hard for me to actually get done)
    • Paint fight, movie and pizza night (so fun!)
    • Dollar theater
    • Concerts
    • Lagoon
    • Classic Skating
    • Game nights
    • Downtown wanderings
    • Do something, my goodness...
  • Write poetry
    • Imitate another author, like an assignment
    • Write each night before going to bed
  • Write thank you cards from graduation
    • Write
    • Post
    • Send 
  • Learn how to code HTML
  • Read the works of Plato (some, since he has a lot) 
  • Read Harry Potter y la Piedra Filosofal
  • Learn basic calligraphy
  • Learn basic belly dance
I'll be adding to this as I think of more things, but this list EXISTS, and therefore is completely valid and necessary to complete.  Yes.

DFTBA

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT. I need to make a summer list too! It's a whole lot easier to get things done in the sunshine than in the dark and dreary winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! The only thing that ever stops me from getting things done in summer is my own excuses. A summer of no excuses!!

    ReplyDelete