Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Mind on Schoolness

Today has been a fantastically weird day!

I woke up before anyone in my house today. Considering I went to bed at 1 and was up by 6:30, that's freaking amazing on toast.

All day at school I'd been filled with this overwhelming state of dread at the idea of leaving West Hills. I'm going to miss all of my teachers. Mrs. Beatty, Ms. Ewell, Schnegg, Mr. Curtis, Sra. Thatcher... :( I'm going to miss some of my friends. I need to kidnap Alivia. And this will become a regular occurrence. Then, eventually, she'll be able to come to Copper Hills without kidnapping occurring. I'll miss my classes... so easy they are now, who knows how 10th will be?

Then once I got home from guard, I realized one of the true reasons of this dread. It came in an envelope... OF DOOOOOOOM!!! My summer assignments for AP Euro History and H English!!! DUN DUN DUUUUUN!!! /overdramaticnessocityannoyingness

"Doom"? Puh-lease. If I work continuously, I could have the whole thing done in an easy week. Not that I'm suggesting I'll be working continuously. I'm just saying. So I'm hoping I'll get a good start on it by next week as of next week (as in, two weeks of this week that is today, which is less than a week). I'm looking forward to it all, actually, except for that four page essay comparing Greeks to the Romans to the Middle Ages... hey, at least we get to double-space! :D
P.S. To anyone who has it: I'm glad that the teacher teaches English, not math. :)

At lunch, we all had a fantastical time poking cupcakes (because we're cool like that).

School was... FUN. And I don't know how or why. In biology, Schnegg had us do butterfly camouflage (the word I can never spell by myself), with a whole bunch of bugs. Shauna couldn't find mine... and I need to come up with a name for him. :/
Ms. V had us doing softball, and I just wish we could have been playing softball all year, because that is the only fun thing we've played besides Rocks, even though I stink at both of them. :) My team won.
In Curtis we started presenting our culture project... and I almost started laugh-crying when Alex said, "It's a story about a little princess..."
In Beatty, I only missed 11 on my final!... which isn't that good, but hey, it's okay!
In Ewell, Romeo and Juliet just seemed really stupid. Did they ever stop to think "What the heck, I'm kissing a dead person!!" No. Plus.... "This would make the perfect vampire movie, because they're already always sucking on each other..." and "Famous last words: 'I die!'"
In T, I freaking passed my final! I got 82%. :) Only 3 people I know of passed the final in that class... I'm just thankful I was one of them. (I was holding my breath!)
In Thatcher we had a nice and easy period with a packet. :) I love packets.

After school I went back to Spanish to see if I could get my vocabulary lists, because I wanted to study over the summer, because I pretty much stink at everything to do with Spanish and I don't feel like starting of Spanish 3 terribly. So while I went through the boxes... Ms. Thatcher offered me a textbook! So now I know what happens to old text books... they go to people like me! Ha ha ha...

Color guard was pretty cool. I saw Corey for like, 5 seconds (wish I had more time!), and we worked more on our parallel tosses (Kenna can do them now! WHOOO!) and our mid-silk tosses (which I pretty much stink at). Alex joined color guard, and that's good! We could always use more people. :) (Know anyone who wants to join?)
WE FOUND OUT OUR MUSIC TODAY! We've got "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga (Lady Gag Me) :), that one song like "tonight's gonna be a good night" by the Black Eyed peas, "Patriotic..." something or other, and "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey! AAAAWESOME! We're gonna get to do those dorky dance moves that Eva would never let us do otherwise for "Bad Romance". :) Like, ya know, dinosaur hands...

SUMMER BAND SEASON, HERE I COME! WOOT WOOT!
L-O-V-E
What is love?
MARCHING BAND AND GUARD! :D

Gonna have to start doing a whole bunch of yard work to pay off summer season, since they raised the price... at least fall is going to be cheaper for guard this year!

SPEAKING of guard last year (because I was, almost directly indirectly), I went through my MARCHING BAND COLOR GUARD 2009 box today, and it made me very very vewwy vewwy happy. Letters from Malea and Brittany from the end of fall, and pictures, and my shoes. My gloves don't smell amazing like rain anymore. They smell more like, well, nothing. BUT THAT SHALL CHANGE! (I might have to rub them in the dirt a little...)
....
....
And guess what I found in there too?
...
MY SET SHEETS!! Ha ha ha ha ha!
They're always lost, except when you don't need them. :)

Oh yeah, and I went through my box because I got another award, from winter I think. My fall award was the "Yes Ma'am" award... because I was the only one who actually said it. :) So this one was the "You Only Think I'm Shy Award" "for mysteriously acting quite and letting loose when least expected." Oh yeah. That's me alright! I still don't hear the end of that one bus ride in winter when I did the creepy laugh thing. They say "Man, you were soooo hyper!" And they don't believe me when I say "That's not me hyper! That's me warming up!" No really, they don't believe me. Shows how much they know about me on hyperness.

So there you have it. My disorganized day written in such a way that I don't even remember everything that happened today. :)

Please, distance yourself from the man-eating octopus.
Have a good day! (And almost weekend! WHOOHOO!)

Lagoon day on the 2nd! Whooo! (yard work! yaaaay!)

5 comments:

  1. That movie was FUNNY! Juliet is a zombie I say! Also, before Romeo said his famous words 'I die', he looked constipated. I also think it was funny how Juliet stabbed herself... between her arm and her body...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha... it was just a lame movie altogether. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We watched The Reduced Shakespeare Company's version of Romeo and Juliet, which was basically two actors and a narrator did the play in under 10 minutes. It was really funny, especially when Juliet drank the sleeping potion and started throwing up on all of the audience members...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not actually taking European History. I'll be taking AP American Government next year, and then 20th Century History and History of the Americas. Which is actually really lame, because Euro is like the one Social Studies class I might be interested in. I mean, Greeks, Romans, and Middle Ages? Awesomeness. But anything after the Revolutionary War just doesn't interest me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always just learned what was on the tests in anything to do with America, then forgot it all... I have to say it: American history bores me.

    ReplyDelete